Sunday, December 1, 2013

January 9 1982

Saturday
Jim borrowed a friend’s car and we went downtown to do the laundry.  At this particular Laundromat you pay 85 cents for the wash – the drying is fee.  We came home in time to eat, change clothes then run to Marge’s, then over to the Capitol to see the fireworks and laser show.  It was spectacular!  I’ve never seen fireworks to compare.
Back to Marge’s for dinner.  We discussed my morning there.  She has a single bed for me and dresser.  I explained that I’m broke – she didn’t seem disturbed, but I explained that as quickly as I’m employed I want to contribute to the home funds – she said I could chip in for food.  It will be a quiet existence and I think I’m going to like that.  Hope I can get a job right away.  Sure could use one.  Also, must get on with losing weight.  These pig-outs have got to come to an end. 
I’ll be moving over to Marge’s sometime early this afternoon.  Would like to go over to the capitol one day this week.  They have just fully restored it – it’s beautiful. 

I’m a bit depressed over my church.  Can it be me? I called for help from my church and they’ve not even had the courtesy to call me back.  I told them I was without a home, or money or job and I’ve had no response from them.  I called again the other day and the Bishop’s wife sound annoyed that I had called again.  She said he was swamped.  I guess he was too busy to even make a phone call.  I’m trying not to blow this up but it keeps happening to me, time and time again.  Is this some kind of a refiners fire or is my church really that way, telling me one thing, doing something else?  I’ve always been told – if you need help – call the church, but when I do it never seems to offer me the kind of help I need.  I’ll not call again.  I’m very disappointed.  How can I ask Jim to count on the church for help when I, a member, can’t seem to get any.  I’ll write Bob later this morning.  Maybe he can offer me some suggestions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment