Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 21 1981

Monday AM –
An ice storm during the night has left everything coated and hazardous.  I’m seeing another side of Kenny.  I don’t like what I see.  He’s angry when things don’t go his way.  You’d think that for the short time I’ll be here at the house they’d at least try to be mellow.  If it wasn’t for Bob – I really wished I’d not have not come back to the house.  The kids are being miserable – we’d have all been better off if I’s have just left the end of last week.  Can’t wait to leave.  John feeling much better, Jenny still sick.
Arrive at bus depot 5pm – Bus leaves 5:30 pm.  Checked the three large boxes – had to carry on two small boxes and sewing machine besides tote sack and kids. 
Monday PM
Bus broke down between Little Rock, Ark and Dallas, Tex.  A Greyhound bus stopped and picked us all up.  Since all my boxes, coats, etc were to the rear of the bus, I had to wait until everyone had left to get our stuff.  After being seated on Greyhound I discovered I’d left my purse on the old bus and had to go back. 
Arrived Dallas where a porter tried to put us on a bus to Atlanta, Ga.  Almost missed the bus to Tucson.
Both babies very sick – high fevers – neither hungry – forcing fluids.

Arrived Tucson 9:55 pm Tuesday evening.  Jim was there to meet us.  Went straight to Grandaddy Ewalds.  He was glad to see us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment