Sunday, December 1, 2013

January 7 1982

Thursday
Very cold (30 degrees).  Started the “drudge” this morning – and everything I need is in the missing box – thrills.  We go to dinner at Marge’s tonight.  Jim wants me to take a bus to 21st street, downtown – he’ll meet us there.
Jim called and he’ll come get us at 5:30.  I’ve been scrubbing the kitchen floor, it really looks super.  I feel like I’ve learned my keep today!  Cleaned the bath then took a long hot shower, boy do I feel good.  Think I’ll fix a hot cup of tea – then study the scriptures.  Yesterday I started reading Job 1-20.
Thursday pm
Went to Marge’s for dinner.  I haven’t seen Marge for quite some time, but she hasn’t changed.  Always cordial, warm and delightful.  She has a lot of insight and understanding.  She has experienced so much in her life.
Her apartment is gorgeous.  And one must be physically fit.  You enter the at ground level – the garage – up one flight – living room with fire place, dining room, kitchen and bath.  Up one more flight – two very large bedrooms and two dressing rooms and adjoining baths.  One bedroom has a balcony which overlooks a tremendous pool. 
She said we could talk about my staying there with her.  I might like that if there weren’t many demands put on me.  I don’t want to make too many commitments til I hear from Bishop Saxton.  But her place is right down town and I’m sure there must be a job opening somewhere down there for me. 
I also met the babysitter tonight.  She’s young, with a young baby and is really sweet and pleasant.  I know the kids will do fine once they are acclimated.  Jim is going to start taking them Monday – which means I’ll be free to look for a job. 
When we got back from Marge’s, John T and John C where drinking and smoking pot.  Dan doesn’t seem to get into it – maybe his diabetes keeps him from it.  Gail was already in bed.

Everyone finally crashed around 10:30 and so am I – I’m bushed!  We made a date with Marge for Saturday afternoon to go to some Lasol Show Symphony.  I suppose we’ll discuss my morning in. Then, manana I’ll call the Bishops wife and see if I can get a clue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment