Saturday, November 30, 2013

December 9 1980

To All my Children,
  Jim, Don, Ken, Kyle and TJ
  Robin, Deanne, Karen, Jody and Lynn

To my Precious Grandchildren,
  John and Jenny

To my Brother,
  Bob

To my Mother,

And especially to my Wonderful Husband,
  Bob

     I would like to share some of my feelings and thoughts with you. I feel things happening to me now which I am aware of but don't seem to have any control of. My hands are growing numb but at least I don't have the severe pain in my arms. There are things beginning to happen inside my head. I am having trouble concentrating and simple things confound me. Like adding small numbers. My emotions are close to the surface. I get so angry so quickly and then wonder why. I cry at the strangest things. I sometimes fond myself thinking about the fact that I can't remember what I'm thinking about. Simple daily chores confuse me. I'll start dishes a dozen times a day and even then I may not get them done. I also find myself avoiding people. I don't want pity. I have been working so hard to do everything so when you are all here at Christmas you won't notice anything.
     I suddenly realize that time ran our before my commitments did. I never did knit me a sweater. See- all the trivia I think of.
     I suppose each person wonders what mark they will leave on this world. I am thinking what my children will tell their children.
    I feel a need to talk to each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment